1. Collection of Personal Information
The Company collects the following information in order to fulfill the purposes defined in Section 3 (items 1 and 3 will be collectively referred to as “collected information” hereinafter).
- The content on this website used by users
- The time, date, and frequency of use by users of this website
- Online actions from users on the website, information related to usage and browsing (including information on usage status such as cookies and access logs, device being used to access, location, IP address, browser, browser language, and other such information about the users' connection).
2. Management and Collection of Personal Information
The Company collects information through users’ usage and browsing of this website. Those who conduct duties involving the collection, management, and use of this information, takes all necessary precautions to ensure that the information is securely managed and protected from unauthorized access, leakage, and tampering. Please refer to “General Policies Regarding Secure Management of Personal Data” for information on how the Group manages user data.
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company uses the information collected in item 1 (above) for the following purposes.
- To provide this website in a form that is best tailored to users
- To investigate and analyze the ways this website is used
- To make improvements and further developments to this website to ensure user satisfaction
- To handle user inquiries
- To conduct research and development for the purposes of social implementation
- To show and broadcast advertisements of the Company and third parties
- To show and broadcast information regarding items available in the services provided by the Company and third parties
- To ensure this website's security and to prevent unauthorized usage (including spam, unauthorized access, and measures taken in the case that unauthorized access occurs)
- To solve issues with the operation of this website
4. Provision of Information to Third Parties
The Company provides collected information to third parties (including those located abroad) in the following situations, in accordance with legal regulations.
When information is deemed necessary for the Company's management and operations, and user consent is acquired
● When provision of information is deemed necessary to settle disputes between the Company and third parties
● When providing information to third parties in order to show or broadcast advertisements of the Company or third parties
● When providing information to third parties in order to show or broadcast information on products available on websites provided by the Company and third parties
- When provision is requested by courts, administrative bodies, supervisory authorities, or other such public agencies in accordance with the law
- When provision is necessary to protect an individual's life, physical well-being, or property, and when acquiring consent for said provision is difficult or impossible
- When provision is necessary to improve public health or promote healthy child development, and when acquiring consent for said provision is difficult or impossible
- When provision is necessary to work with national institutions, local governments, or entrusted individuals conducting their work as stipulated by the law, and when acquiring consent for said provision carries a risk of hindering work performance
5. Entrusting of Information to a Third Party to Handle Personal Information
Within the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes in Section 3, the Mercari Group may entrust all or some of the handling of personal information to a subcontracted third party. In this case, the Company thoroughly examines the third party to determine that it meets the third party selection standards defined, and execute a contract with the third party ensuring that all personal information will be suitably managed.
6. Joint Use of Personal Information
Within the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes in Section 3, the Company jointly uses the collected personal information between companies in the Group.
Information jointly used
Personal information as set out in Section 1
Scope of parties using this information
The Mercari Group
Purpose of joint use
To fulfill the purpose in section 3
Party responsible for managing joint use
The Company (for details regarding inquiries, please see Section 14)
7. Usage of Cookies, etc.
Users may choose whether or not cookies are used. Many web browsers automatically enable the usage of cookies, but users can disable them in their browser settings.
- When disabling cookies, there is a chance that this website may not function properly or that ad settings requiring cookies may not work.
- The Company automatically receives information on user cookies, browsed pages and ads, and various other information on the users' environment from the browser. This is saved in the servers and used to improve convenience when accessing the website, to preserve sessions, and to ensure security.
8. Google Analytics
Google Analytics Terms of Service :
Google Analytics uses tools like cookies to understand user interactions. Users who do not want Google Analytics to use their data should use the opt-out add-on provided by Google.
Google Analytics opt-out add-on :
9. Usage of Device Information, Logs, etc.
The Company gathers data automatically generated when users visit the website, such as IP address, browser type, and browser language. This information is used to analyze the users' environment, provide better services, and prevent unauthorized activity that would hinder the usage of these services. Search-related records are stored and managed in a way that individual users cannot be identified. These are used to create statistics and for other purposes.
The Company gathers information used to identify individual devices. This information is used to provide better services and prevent unauthorized activity that would hinder the usage of these services.
10. Management and Security of Collected Information
The Mercari Group securely stores personal information collected from applicants in servers in an environment inaccessible to general users, and strives to prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration, or leakage of data.
11. Information from Minors
The Company protects information collected from minors as well as adults. We may obtain the consent of parents or guardians as necessary to provide information collected from minors.
12. Changes and Improvements to this Policy
The Mercari Group strives to improve this Policy appropriately.
- This Policy may be updated to reflect changes in laws and regulations or as needed by our business. The Company notifys users in the event that changes are made to this Policy.
- Please be sure to check the latest version of the Policy when accessing this website.
13. Disclosure, Correction, and Suspension of Use of Stored Personal Data
When the Company stores personal data (as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 7 of the Personal Information Protection Law), users may request that their personal information be disclosed, corrected, or no longer used. The Group responds to that request appropriately in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. When a user requests the disclosure of their personal data, the user may do so in accordance with the procedures separately-defined by the Company, with the exception of the following cases.
- When disclosure carries a risk to the life, physical well-being, property, or other rights and interests of the user or a third party
- When disclosure has a risk of causing significant hindrance to the proper implementation of our Company's business
- When disclosure causes legal violations
- When we cannot confirm that the user is the one requesting disclosure
If the user determines as a result of disclosure that the personal data stored by the Company is false, he/she may request corrections, additions, or deletions according to the procedures specified separately by the Company. When this happens, the Company investigates promptly within the necessary scope in order to achieve the purpose of use. The stored personal data will be corrected, added, or deleted based on the results. Users may be charged a disclosure fee in accordance with procedures that the Company has determined separately.
Inquiries regarding this Policy should be sent to the Mercari Group using the contact information below.
18F Roppongi Hills Mori Tower, 6-10-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-6118
Address to : Personal Information Representative, Mercari, Inc.
Established on October 24, 2019